Enhance Your Social Media Copywriting with Three Simple Formulas
If you’re not using platforms like Facebook and Twitter to reach people for promotional efforts, you’re missing out on the 3.26 billion individuals that use social media on their mobile devices. That’s a massive amount of people you can connect with to share information daily.
Increase your reach on social media by diving into these online platforms with an action plan on how to write powerful posts. Consider using the following three simple formulas to enhance your social media copywriting skills.
1. Let Your Copywriting Solve Problems
Make a big impression on social media by writing posts that solve problems. Showcase a problem that your readers may have and show them how this issue can be easily resolved.
You need to be in touch with any “pain points” your target audience is experiencing and write content that recognizes the problem and provides a solution. Show them that your brand, service, or product can be the exact solution that they’ve been looking for.
For example, Madewell is one of the top 10 brands on Instagram right now with more than 1.2 million followers. It markets to the modern city girl who wants to find clothing with a more tomboyish style. Its social media copywriters have mastered the formula of solving problems for their customers.
- They write social media content that identifies the need of the target audience that finding clothing in this specific niche can prove to be difficult.
- Their posts showcase visuals of apparel with streamlined descriptions showcasing their lifestyle brand.
- They include shopping icons featuring prices that link to their virtual store for easy accessibility.
2. Spark an Interest in Discovery
People see so much content online each day that it can become overwhelming. Your social media posts can easily get lost in the shuffle of constantly changing information. Make your content stand out from the crowd.
Spark an interest in people who read your social media posts to discover more about your brand or what you’ve shared. Give them just enough information to whet their appetite, but won’t get all the details until they click through to your website.
- For example, share how your marketing team recently learned survival skills when they went on a team-building retreat. Include that what they discovered about
- themselves may surprise you. This can spark an interest in discovery and cause people to click your “read more” link.
- 3. Engage Your Readers with QuestionsWhen using social media for promotional purposes, you should follow the 80/20 rule and engage 80 percent of the time—and only promote 20 percent. You want to cultivate a relationship with the billions of people using social media platforms. You can’t do that when you’re selling to them all the time. One simple copywriting formula to use is to engage your readers with questions. For example, if you wrote a top 10 blog post about your favorite quotes from famous authors, you can promote the link with a question.
Do you have any favorite quotes from famous authors? One of my favorite quotes is from C.S. Lewis: “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
Check out more of my favorite quotes from famous authors here. Take your promotional efforts online to the next level by starting to write posts that matter and genuinely engage with users on social media platforms. Solve problems, spark an interest in discovery, and ask questions. Follow these basic formulas and you can enhance your social media copywriting efforts.